Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wedding in Ko Chang

Hello,





We are thinking about getting in Ko Chang in July 09, because that is where my fianc茅 and I met a few years ago. It so happened that he lived in the next town from me in the UK, so the choice of destination for our wedding seemed obvious to us.





I have been reading up on the legalities of it all. I understand that if you marry abroad, the marriage is not registered in the UK until you have physically applied for the documentation from the country that you have married in. Has anyone done this, how long did it take and where there any complications?





I am also interested in hearing anyone%26#39;s thoughts on their wedding in Ko Chang?





Look forward to hearing from you.



Wedding in Ko Chang


Congratulations.... Yes, you will need your marriage certificate and a certified translation to register it in the UK. It takes a couple of weeks to get your reference number then you can get copies bearing the seal of the general register office at a cost of 拢8.50. Here is a useful link



gro.gov.uk/gro/content/marriages/where-can-i鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment