Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Resorts with a ';killer' pool

After perusing the boards for awhile, i thought i would introduce myself, and start posting some of my specific queuries.





We are planning 10 days in August in the phuket area - including phi phi and krabi. Nothing booked at this stage, just the airfares. Counting on off season to allow some flexibility to our plans.





Neither of us have been to phuket previously, but have travelled in SE asia and bangkok.





I was specifically interstested in your comments about resort pools. At this stage restricting my investigations to the patong/kata/karon areas. Dont want to be isolated at the resort however. We plan on spending 4/5 nights in phuket itself.





What resorts have got pool facilities to brag about?





Thanking you in advance.





ozmouse



Resorts with a ';killer' pool


The Patong Merlin and the Merlin Beach Resort both have awesome pools.





Merlin Beach has a swim up bar.





Both resorts have 3 pools !!



Resorts with a ';killer' pool


I second that - I%26#39;ve stayed at Merlin Beach REsort and I couldn%26#39;t fault it. Pools are fantastic.





I%26#39;m staying at Patong Merlin this trip in June after hearing such great comments also. But note that renos are going on to one fo the buildings at Patong Merlin but they say it will be finished in August.





Merlin Beach Resort is just outside Patong Beach and you%26#39;ll need Tuk Tuk or somesort of transport to get anywhere. But it was of no inconvenience to us.





Bec




The Merlin beach does correctly have a swim out bar however the area stinks of Pee due to well.....many people drinking and sitting in the one area for hours on end. I stayed in the Merlin beach for part of our last visit and whilst I thought the the pool access rooms were fantastic, I didn%26#39;t really like the rest of the place, The biggest thing I didn%26#39;t like about the Merlin Beach other then the Pee Pool was it%26#39;s location it really is a long way away and there are taxia mafia that sit out the front and if you can%26#39;t get on the shuttle you have to go with them. I would look at places like the Diamond Cliff resort or even perhaps the Le Meridien, it has it%26#39;s own private beach.



Just my opinion.



There is an Italian restaurant in the Merlin beach which to be fair was very good, even cooked something for me not on the menu,




The Hilton Arcadia in Karon has 4 pools, 2 with water slides and 1 with a dive platform. All lovely pools with great service provided.





Regards



Chantal




Pennywise





I%26#39;m sittinng here P***ing myself laughing. Oh god i sat at that pool bar and never even considered that.





No more Pe Pools for me!!!!





Thank for the awakening!!!





Bec




Seriously Bec - Did you not notice that main pool a little warmer then the others. MAybe it was just when I was there but we would notice people sitting there playing Jenga drinking cocktail after cocktail and you would watch some of the crowd swim away a few metres stand still and then return for more drinking and Jenga, Seriously gross




Doc, you%26#39;ve disappointed me, I was waiting for the punch line to say that once they were in their little comfort zone away from the bar is when you vocally asked ';What%26#39;s that purple dye coming up from around you guys?';



There%26#39;s always next time though, makes for a great %26#39;priceless%26#39; moment - not that I would ever dream of doing such a thing! Bec, get on it!



Cheers



Tiff xxx




They must have been poms! Wouldent Happen at the PATONG merlin, we just dont do that sort of thing and the fact that they dont have a swim up pool bar makes it hard to do anyway.





Yes if the water is starting to heat up around the pool bar someone close to you will have a silly look on their face that say%26#39;s isi%26#39;nt me.





Good pools at the Patong Merlin and worth a look...Ronnie.




Last time I went anywhere near a pool bar, one of the %26#39;fixture%26#39; guests suddenly had a line of bubbles all around his seat............I just walked on water outta there. Which is very difficult when you%26#39;re doubled up with laughter, lol




thanks for the info guys. already have added the meridien to the list looks great! private beach also sounds good. although from the sounds of it, it wont be the season for beach if the weather does not cooperate.





as for the pool bars... dont know if it is much better than the local public pool at the height of summer!





thanks again

No comments:

Post a Comment