Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just how bad are the mosquitoes and heat in April?

Hi! A friend is getting married in Railay in April. We are thinking of attending. They have rented the Beach House at the Railay Beach Club. They have offered us a room in this house.

I have two concerns that are giving me a great deal of pause - mosquitoes and heat. Being an open air house, just how bad are the mosquitoes? I went on a camping trip in Alaska of all places once in the summer and the mosquitoes ruined the trip for me. There were no fewer than 10 flying around in site (within 5 feet of my head) at all times. Repellent helped, but after two nights i had been bitten at least 25 times. This would be unacceptable to me. Just just how bad are they?

Secondly, much less worrisome, is the heat. I know April is the hottest time of the year in Thailand. How oppressive is it at night? Especially if you need to wear pants and long shirts to sleep to avoid the mosquitoes - this sounds like it could make for very unpleasant sleeping nights. Is this really that bad?

As you can tell, I am somewhat pampered. By no means a 5 star kind of person, I am used to electricity and walls! I do enjoy camping, though. And I%26#39;d love to give this a real chance - the rest of the area sounds so fantastic - but these concerns are nagging me. Your help will be appreciated!

Just how bad are the mosquitoes and heat in April?

I was in Thailand in April of 07 for my honeymoon and my husband and I will be returning, this time to Krabi, for our two year anniversary next year.

I didn%26#39;t find the mosquitos that much of a problem as long as I wore some sort of insect spray in the evening or while hiking in the jungle.

I would assume if you are in an open air accommodations there would probably be a mosquito net around your bed so I can%26#39;t imagine you would have to sleep in long sleeves and pants!

It is very hot in April. We were in Bangkok and Khao Lak the last time and it was HOT. It is supposedly a bit cooler, especially at night, in Krabi and you will acclimate fairly quickly. There will probably be a lot of fans in the house so I%26#39;m sure your will sleep fine.

I would not pass up on going to Thailand. Even if things aren%26#39;t perfect it is such an amazing place and worth the little inconveniences.

Just how bad are the mosquitoes and heat in April?

The mosquitos aren%26#39;t a big problem. As said above, you should have a net around your bed and maybe a coil of some sort to keep any at bay.

As for the heat, it%26#39;s hot but not too humid and, of course, there%26#39;s the Songkran Festival from the 13th which is designed to keep you very cool.

Krabi is one of the most stunning and beautiful places in the world. Don%26#39;t give up a chance to go there!

  • web proxy server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment