Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting room with 2 small children/ kids activities

Hi everyone! I am going to Phuket for the first time in early December.





What activities for small children could I find there? (riding elephants, aquariums, etc). My kids are quite young, 2 and 4 years old.





I am also having trouble booking a hotel room for the 4 of us, most hotel resrevation engines state that it exceed the number of people, so annoying! To be honest, I would only be needing a cot, as my son could sleep with us in the bed.





Some friends have advised us not to mention 2 children but juts the one...it seems to be a common practice, however, I wouldn%26#39;t want to risk being kicked out of the hotel on arrival and lose all the money either. Any thoughts on that, how flexible/accommodating are Thais? Anyone has done something like that? I am all fro paying the extra breakfast for my son, I juts don%26#39;t want to be forced to get 2 rooms whne there is cretianly no need with 2 small children.





Thanks





J



Getting room with 2 small children/ kids activities


Hi J



Have you tried Club Med in Kata? They have a great Kiddies Club and plenty of activity facilities.





Regards



Chantal



Getting room with 2 small children/ kids activities


Hi, we are heading over in 28 days, yay. with 4 kids under 9. (must be mad)



anyway, we are staying at the Andaman Beach suites just out of the Patong area, in a Family room. It sleeps upto 6 people, has two bedrooms, large living area and two bathrooms. This hotel was our 2nd cheapest option but the website looks good.



Its also close enough to walk to Patong but far enough away from the busy nightlife.



Facilities like pool etc seem very basic, but it has a sister hotel across the road called Club Andaman and you a free to use all there facilities ie: pool, resturants etc. as well.



Most hotels/resorts should be able to ofter a trundle bed at an extra cost though.





we have never been to thailand before, but have heard and looked at the website for Dino Park - mini putt putt. looks great and has great reviews.





I will send you a PM when we return and let you know about accomodation. But keep in mind that Dec is the Peak season so availability may be getting hard to find.




forgot to mention that breakfast is included for all of us with the family room. they also have a deal on that if you stay for 7 nights you get 4 free.




Thanks for both of your replies.





I will have a look at Club Med, as I think that Kata beach is probably a nicer family vacation destination than Patong. Although 4kids, it seems thagt you actiually managed to get a place that is close and far away enough. I will have a look at it.





I called one hotel, and after a very exasperating converstaion with someone in a very briken English, she said (or at least I think she actually did!) that I could do with a double room and an extr cot, no need for an extra bed for my son. But it wouldn%26#39;t surprise me they say soemthing different on arival.





I still have mixed feelings about juts taking the double bedroom, I juts read a review of someone who actually made the resrevation for her 5 year old and the hotel made her look for that e-mail before checking in...not very friendly at all!





Cheers!





J

No comments:

Post a Comment