Wednesday, December 7, 2011

International restaurants?

Do you know, are the international restaurants open in July/Green Season?





I am vegetarian and I can%26#39;t eat fish. And I have been told many times that they use fish (sauge or something) in EVERY thai-dish. Even in the vegetarian ones. As fish is part of thai kitchen%26#39;s spices...





I have found Pinocchio, mr Indian, Viking Steak House (but I think they serve only meat dishes?) and Portofino Pizza... Are there more good places for vegetarian?





So I was hoping to eat in the international restaurants since they don%26#39;t use fish in everything. My partenr is happy to eat meat + fish and he is hoping to get tuna fish if he can find :)



International restaurants?


Very few Thais are vegetarian, but its not impossible to persuade cooks to prepare a vegetarian only fried rice or noodle dish. You will have to say that you don%26#39;t want fish sauce (Naam Plaa). In tourist areas specially concocted Thai and western vegetarian dishes are available and some menus will come up with a completely separate menu is requested. The magic phrase is %26#39;dii-chan kin jeh%26#39; (I eat only vegetarian food, for women) or %26#39;dii-chan kin tae phak%26#39; (I eat only vegetables) and %26#39;karunaa mai sai naam plaa%26#39; (please don%26#39;t use fish sauce).

No comments:

Post a Comment