Wednesday, December 7, 2011

OK to Use Credit Card at Kata Beach Resort?

Outside of withdrawing cash from ATM%26#39;s, I know credit card usage in Thailand is generally discouraged... but, is it OK to do at larger hotels and resorts?





I%26#39;m staying at the KBR. Booked through Asia Web Direct who already took a 10% deposit, but the rest is due to the hotel (guessing when I check out). Not sure if AWD is going to pass my card info to KBR, but it doesn%26#39;t sound like it (didn%26#39;t even think about it when I booked).





Anyone have any shady experiences with KBR?





On that note, I leave in 6 days!!! Can%26#39;t wait!



OK to Use Credit Card at Kata Beach Resort?


I have lived in and used my CC in Asia for years. Kata Beach resort is a reputable hotel. You will have no problems.



OK to Use Credit Card at Kata Beach Resort?


Kata Beach Resort are highly respectable. I have been staying there every December for the last 7-8 years and used my CC every time with no problems.




Agreed but make sure you call your issuing bank before you leave and let them know where you%26#39;ll be traveling. Sometimes banks in the US will lock your account if they see Thailand charges all of the sudden.





Have fun.





scott




LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD AT HOME, I used mine only once in Thailand, at a very big and popular hotel, and it was skimmed, cuased a heck of a lot of inconvenience to me when discovered.




should be ';caused';




We used credits cards constantly through 2 weeks in Thailand (we got back 3 weeks ago) and had zero problems. We also used them on the internet cheap hotel websites and they were fine too. Also to withdraw cash.





We loved Kata Beach!! Our first stop in Thailand. It as easy to get there from the airport by Meter Taxi and the beach is very nice - we stayed at Kata Palm and were very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment