Wednesday, December 7, 2011

do not stay at this hotel- Baan chaweng

Just got back today after three weeks in Thailand. Spent eight days on Koh Samui and stayed at Baan Chaweng on Chaeweng beach- having been a frequent traveller to South East Asia for 25 years I was looking forward to the same friendly atmosphere I have experienced before in Thailanad and Indonesia, but sadly I was VERY disappointed with the atitude of the staff at this hotel. I booked the accomdoation 6 months earlier, and had agreed on a price of 3800 per night for a room for myself, husband and two young chilren, (and had paid a deposit based on this), however when we turned up at reception after our flight from Australia and then BKK, we were told there would be an extra 1000 baht per night added for an extra bed, even though they were well aware that there were four of us in the room at the time of booking. I was most unhappy and %26#39;negotiated%26#39; with them, but there is not much you can do when you have two small tired chilren with you. It was only a few days later that I found my email correspondence that clearly stated that cost of 3800 was for the four of us- when my husband took this information to reception the manager couldn%26#39;t have cared less, admitting that they had made a mistake but that they would do nothing about it, stating that upon arrival I had agreed to their %26#39;negotiated%26#39; price. I would have to say that the whole eight days we met with rude and indifferent staff- on one day a member of our group accidentally broke a drinking glass and we were ruldely told by the waiter that we would be charged 60 baht to replace it. Another day a friend politely asked a waiter to remove some plates and was told very rudely that it wasn%26#39;t his job, and to go and get someone on the beach to do it- this is not what I expect when I am paying over $140 per night to stay in a hotel. So, if you want an experience which is tainted with rudeness by all means go ahead, but for my money I would never stay there again.



do not stay at this hotel- Baan chaweng


Too bad things weren%26#39;t handled better, too bad you apparently didn%26#39;t have your ';confirmation coupon'; when you checked in.





I can understand but not condone the reaction to the broken glass... In the thai hotel game if something gets broken etc, someone must pay, i.e. if you won%26#39;t, the waiter will be forced to.





Anyway, sounds like they need to pick their game up a little where PR is concerned, why don%26#39;t you go post a TA review on the Hotel here;





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293918-d598393…





You%26#39;ll feel better and chances are the hotel might take note.





do not stay at this hotel- Baan chaweng


Bad experience.



That%26#39;s why I tell everyone to stay clear of Chaweng. They have unfortunately been taught how to be rude by rude tourists. This is not the natural Thai way,as you know.




Yese Benebear, I would have to say that we were so disappointed after this expereince that I was completely turned off Thailand- that was until we landed in Phuket and stayed in a beautiful place in Kata Beach called Sawasdee Village, which I would highly recommend as the staff could not do enough to assist us and were really lovely to us- the complete opposite experien`ce to Baan Chaweng, and fortunately this %26#39;redeemed%26#39; Thailand for us, howveer I will be sticking to Indonesia from now on!




Did you pay using a credit card? If so your credit card company may withold or withdraw the over payment - worth a shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment