Sunday, March 28, 2010

West Railay Beach

Just wondering if I should go to this beach or not. Obviously, it looks like a beautiful place but two things concern me.





1) What is the cost range of the accomodations? I realize that the budget accomodation is on east railay beach but can I find something on the west beach in $30-$40 range?





2) Can you get away from the longtail boats at all? Meaning are the boats consolidated to one end of the beach? I think I could deal with the noise but I sure would hate to have to swim with them.





Cheers!







West Railay Beach


HI





to kind of answer both your posts.





yes the long tail boats land on Railay beach west



some people do swim there but the beach on the south end of Railay is where everybody goes to swim short walk from any where on Railay you can walk from west to east or south beach in just mins.



remember the only way to get to Railay is by Long tail boat





None of the beaches around ao nang are that nice



they are still good but not the cyrstal clear water everybody thinks of and wants. you have to go to private resort further out of town.





I stayed in Ao Nang at Tipa Resort in a Bungaloo up the hill still only a short walk to beach and longtail boats. You can take a private long tail boat out to chicken or poda island you can see them from the beach usually you have the whole island to yourself pack a lunch and make a day of it the boat will wait for you all day long.





even if you don%26#39;t stay on Railay be sure and go there



and try the rock climbing it is world reknown for it%26#39;s climbing.



West Railay Beach


Hello.



You would be better to stay on Railay west as it is much nicer have a look at Sand Sae Resort www.krabisandsae.com . I enjoyed my stay on Railay and Phranang beach is so stunning the scenery is awesome. The longtail boats are not so bad when you get used to them. I allways swam from Phranang beach. The best places to go swimming is at the offshore islands like the previous poster mentioned it is stunning there and you can also snorkel from the beaches at the islands. They are only 25 minutes off shore.





Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment