Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flights

Could anyone advise on Eva flights, what%26#39;s seating like, and leg room. What other flights reccommended.



Flights


MRBEssex, seating information can be found here: seatguru.com/airlines/鈥nformation.php





You don%26#39;t say where you%26#39;re flying from so hard to suggest flight routes,





--Kip



Flights


We have just booked a flight with Eva Airways, never flown with them before but they come higly recomended. Search for rewiews on them, you wont be disappointed.




I flew with them in 2005 from LHR to BKK, very good but then changed to Thai as flight times were more convenient for the other times i,ve flown to LOS, but have just booked with EVA out of price choice. Thai are just a bit better in my opinion overall. Apparently Thai have now stopped airmiles on eco. seats but in reality only flying twice a year you dont get much benifit, only 32k,s of luggage as opposed to 20.Eva have 33'; seat room i beleive and Thai have 34'; ON 747,s.



Andygsxr




Seats. Whenever possible choose your seats ahead of time. If you wait until you get to the airport you get stuck with the seats already rejected by others.





I always fly with an airline that I have an ';elite status'; with, a silver or gold card or higher. This way better seats open up and you get to board the aircraft at the front of the line with the business class passengers. All of the overhead bins are available to you then. Plus, if you fly with an airline that you have an established frequent flier card with you get a lot of miles for you next flight.





If you have a big butt or you want more side-to-side room avoid the seats that have the trays that come out of the armrest. Usually these seats are in front of bulkhead/walls and in front of the big entry doors. Avoid the seats that are last in a line with a wall behind them, some of these seats do not recline fully. Avoid the seats with an escape window behind you - these seats may not fully recline because in an emergency they would block people from escaping.





I avoid any seats with a toilet to my left or right because the light on - light off all the time would bug me if I tried to sleep. Not to mention the smell and crowd around the doors. A last seat in a row, even with no wall behind you, may not be a good choice because some jerks lean on that seat back or talk a lot while killing time waiting for a toilet or stretching out.





So - if you have a gold or silver card use an airline who will recognize it and get your bonus miles and other free perks (like a free VIP loungae.) A small difference in price means nothing if you get a lot of miles for a free flight in the future.





I always choose aisle seats so I can get up and stretch a lot and not have to bother some fat guy next to me. Seats directly in front of emergency doors or entry doors have good leg room but they almost always go to someone with a silver/gold/platinum type card. A seat that does not have seat in front of you means you have to keep any small bag in the overhead and not in front of you since there no seat to store stuff under.





http://www.seatguru.com/sitemap.html





Have a nice flight.




I am over 200 pounds and almost 6 ft. Unless I am in a super seat in economy I find most of the seats about the same. I do know that if you pay more on some airlines you get an inch more at the seat, like on United, I think Eva had the same program. Some gold card holders can get these larger seats free. If you fly a lot it does pay to be loyal to one company!





I have no problem fitting between the armrests with more room available, some flights have added an extra row of seats and you lose a little knee room but most of the time I find the seats on different airlines about the same.





When I am going to fly for a long time I take all of the junk out of the pocket in front of me (throw it up top in the bin) except for the barf bag and emergency card. This gives me another 3/4 inch of knee room or a place to put my junk!





I bring a blindfold, ear plugs and read a lot, when I can%26#39;t hold my eyes open I sleep - been doing this for over 14 years off and on! Passengers half my age never stop bitching about the seats on long flights to Asia (from US) but I am grateful for the extra half inch I get at my knees compared to other flights.





It is only a ride from point A to point B, just sit for a while and flights eventually end. But always get up and walk a bit every now and then or you may get blood clots in your legs and possibly die.








Heard this weekend that Thai are one of few airlines to reduce their fuel supplement on flights - due to falling price of oil. So might be worth checking their fares for whenever you want to go - in my opinion Thai is the best carrier London to Bangkok.




Hi;



Eva is a good Airline for LAX-BKK route Via Taipei leg. The new aircraft B777 provides a much better leg room in the economy class . The premium economy class is a much better improved seat with plenty of comfy. I used Eva twice in year 2007. However, I fly with Cathay Pacific last May, 2008 and up coming trip to Bangkok November, 2008 for much less cost , but Cathay Pacific is still good new seat in B747


  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment