Sunday, March 28, 2010

My turn for a stupid question...

What is the weather like there now.....



what is the exchange rate......



What can I do if it is Rainy...



Where is the best restaurants....





Sorry only kidding. My silly question is, has anyone seen Dora the explorer merchandise in Patong and if so where please? My grandaughter is crazy about Dor Dor (as she calls her) and bieng the very devoted grandma would love to get her some items.





Cheers



Tink



My turn for a stupid question...


Hi Tink,



we were there in June and my son loves Dora!!!!





I didn%26#39;t see anything then in Phuket or Bangkok but there was plenty of princess stuff etc. I did pick up a pair of summer PJ%26#39;s in Chiang Mai for 100bt so maybe it is just a matter of time before it becomes available.





We did pick up quite a few DVDs but this was at the Patpong markets in Bangkok (100bt)





As for girls clothes...they have such cute clothes over there. We saw heaps of embroided jeans, shoes etc that I am sure you won%26#39;t be able to resist buying.....unfortunately (or luckily) we only have boys in our family but it was so tempting....





Good luck





karin



My turn for a stupid question...


MBK bottom level in Bangkok has lots of Dora Explorer. It is worth a 2 day stop over if you can fit it in. I bought 2 pairs of 100% cottong PJ%26#39;s for 200 baht each.




Sorry tink, but that wasn%26#39;t Dora merchandising, it was a little Indian Man. hehehehehehehe.





i kill me...lol





Wen



x




Wendy, you kill me too. I%26#39;ve already giggled twice tonight at your postings.





Tink, your post was funny too, sorry I can%26#39;t be of any help.




Karin Thank you for that. Clothes are important too she is getting so big (17 months) you can never have too many they allways come in handy. We are going to Chaing Mai too so will look there as well :)





101holidaymaker We will be 3 days in Bangkok to so thank you so much for your help, will definitly go there, that is great :)





Wen You crack me up girl, life would be too boring without a good laugh and you my friend are never boring. :)





Athens *bowing* (well I am not sure on the spelling of curtsying) Glad we could brighten your day/night with a little humour. :)





Cheers



Tink




oops should have read Athena.. sorry.



Wonder if there is a second hand shop there as well. I need a new one, obviously this one isn%26#39;t working as it keeps making spelling mistakes!!!!




Hi Tink





We just returned yesterday and had a ball. My 2 year old daughter is a Dora fan but I didn%26#39;t see anything, anywhere. We ended up calling into The Warehouse (big store that sells everything) on the way back from the airport to stock up on things for her. She loved her presents, even though they weren%26#39;t from Thailand.





Also, I didn%26#39;t really find alot of kids clothes in her size, they all seemed to be for kids 4 and upwards.





When we left, the weather was hot, hot, hot. We did have 2 days of rain which was lovely as it cooled things down a bit. During that time we shopped at the Junceylon shopping mall, had a spa and still shopped around the stalls - just dashing madly between them which was hilarious.





Have fun



Becky




Thanks for that Bek. If I get something for her there I will, if not Dora stuff there will be other things. Everywhere I go I buy her a doll from that country in national dress, she has a few of them now.



As I said previously I love to spoil her and at this stage she is our only grandchild





Cheers



Tink.




Becky, were taking a 2yr old over in a few weeks. I was only going to take a couple days worth of clothes.



You said there wasnt much that would fit her. would you recommended taking more clothes over for our daughter.




Yes, I would take clothes for your 2 year old as even though there%26#39;s the odd thing to buy there, I imagine it would be a mission trying to see if things fitted; the heat and the constant badgering by the shop keepers make it a stressful time, even for adults.





We didnt%26#39; take our daughter (as it was a romantic get away) but I was on the hunt for clothes and gifts for her all the time. The only thing I bought her was a cute billabong dress (that%26#39;s too big) and a pair of shorts (that are too small). I did however by her stuffed elephants and little bags which she loved. There were some gorgeous Nike shoes at Otop that I wanted to get her but the price wasn%26#39;t right. I%26#39;m kicking myself now as they were only NZ$20 and I was quibbling over NZ$8.





Next time, Stella%26#39;s coming with us and when she does I%26#39;ll be packing plenty of shorts, t shirts, jandals and togs. No need for anything warm, other than what you wear on the plane. There%26#39;s always the option to get things laundered too.

No comments:

Post a Comment