Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Public Bus to Phuket Airport

Hi Everyone,



I will be traveling through Thailand on a tight budget in February %26#39;09 and am wondering if anyone can please tell me how to catch a public bus from Khao Lak to the Phuket Airport region departing around 5-6 PM on a Tuesday.





I am staying at the Poseidon Bungalows and am supposed to arrive back there at 5 PM after a tour and would like to catch the 1st bus to my hotel which is very close to the Phuket Airport.





Any idea on trip time and cost? Also, what would the cost be to take a taxi by myself?





Thank you all very much for your help!



Public Bus to Phuket Airport


Sorry everyone, but Ijust realized I will need to catch the bus on a Thursday (not a Tuesday, if it matters). I believe I will be staying in the Naithon or Nai Yang areas. Thank you!



Public Bus to Phuket Airport


This is from the website http://khaolakbeach.com/Arrival.htm



';The cheaper alternative: Take the Thai Airways minibus towards Phuket City for 80 Baht, but alight at the 4-lane highway, app. 25 km before Phuket, at any stop of public busses (a sala beside the road). Cross the road and take any bus towards the north to Ranong (No.430), Surat Thani (No.465) or Takua Pa (No.436). The fare is about 30 Baht to Khao Lak, it takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.';



I%26#39;m sure it works in reverse but can%26#39;t help with the timetable.



I hope a member with more detailed local knowledge will come along and update this.



A taxi from and to the airport is about 1500 baht


  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment