Sunday, March 28, 2010

Aussie dollar doldrums

You%26#39;ve all prolly heard about the Aussie dollar taking a nose dive. Great for the tourist industry back in Oz, bad for any Ozzie wanting to travel abroad.





Today the dollar dropped to $US0.69 but there is speculation that it will rise back up to $US0.78 in the coming days. This figure, it is predicted, will hold until mid-december; however, it is also predicted that this average might fall to as low as $US0.65 next year with the advent of deceased market movement.





Suddenly I%26#39;m figuring out how much those 50 baht dvds cost..



Aussie dollar doldrums


One year we were getting only 18-24 thai baht per aussie dollar, it was still cheap, just had to allow a little extra for eating and drinking, shopping prices haven%26#39;t really changed that much, it is still a great holiday and a lot cheaper than home. Sue



Aussie dollar doldrums


as an australian living/working here and maintaining a house in australia, there is no doldrums on my part.





transferring baht to AUS dollars has become alot cheaper for me. may the weakkness in the dollar continue.









bkk3




You%26#39;re both right, and I guess it is how one looks at it. Even a poor student like myself can live it up somewhat over there. Although, on my megre stipent I need to take stock of how much I do infact ';live it up';; obviously, the better the Aud the more scope for adventure I can endulge...






Wow the AUD went free falling. Time to visit Aussie.




We are leaving in 4 days and not really happy about this, :(




Well, if it%26#39;s going to hit rock bottom, let%26#39;s hope it happened before you leave, i.e., today: $US0.7070





It can, fingers crossed, only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment