Friday, April 2, 2010

Tailors in Chiang Mai.....

Hi everyone,



I was wondering if anyone has recently been to chiang mai and has any good recommendations for tailors.





I%26#39;ve come across Neramit Tailors which seems to be the most popular.





We are staying at the Chedi Hotel at the end of Oct so one close by would be a bonus!





Cheers



A









Tailors in Chiang Mai.....


I found tailors everywhere! This was something I had been recommended to do -- take my favourite outfit and have it copied in different fabrics and colours. And let me tell you, there are wall to wall fabrics to choose from! and choose colours/fabrics/designs and get measured, the next day to try the clothes on and make any alterations,



I chose a design from a magazine and had a suit and a Thai silk dress made in milan Tailor.It came to about 150 GBP, but considering it was Thai silk and tailor made, I still thought this was reasonable! When my mum and dad went, my dad had a pair of his favourite trousers copied in different colours and this was a lot cheaper than having something designed from scratch.Bear in mind when being measured, you swell in the heat!



Highly recommended





milan-tailor@hotmail.com



Tailors in Chiang Mai.....


Just walk down the pavement behind the stalls in the night market no problem to find a tailors..Also as said in the post above...Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment