Friday, April 2, 2010

Need Advice

My 16 year old daughter wants to volunteer in Thailand with an elephant program. She will be supervised and with other volunteers. I am still extremely nervous and considering telling her that she cant go. Is Thailand safe?



Need Advice


Safer than California.



Need Advice


First, she%26#39;s with other volunteers and supervised.



Second, yes - she%26#39;s safer in Thailand than in California.




Is Thailand safe?





If you ever come to Thailand, you would find it a nice country and safe or safer than any other countries that you should worry about





so i will say ';YES'; all the way




Hi California:



I thought you might be interested in a response from someone from the U.S.





I have been to Thailand several times. My last trip was with my 16 year old niece.





I also just returned from a business trip to L.A. today.





Thailand is quite safe. I feel much more comfortable in Bangkok than I do in L.A. I live near Denver and think of Bangkok as being as safe, if not safer than Denver. Bangkok certainly isn%26#39;t a small town, but I have not encountered the crime rate in Thailand that I have in major U.S. cities (and I travel a lot).





If your daughter will be outside of Bangkok, it is very safe. Chaing Mai and the outlining areas are much safer than most California cities. I would find Chiang Mai to be more similar in safety to someplace like Boulder, Colorado.





I don%26#39;t think I would let my 16 year old go to Thailand unsupervised, especially, Bangkok, as it is a big city with a lot of the vices and concerns that come with big city life. However, if your daughter will be supervised by adults, she will likely be fine. I had a friend who let her 16 year old spend two semesters in Thailand on an exchange program and she did very well.





Good Luck



Broder




.....Million times safer than in England...My mates(Who i work with) daughter(17) has taken time out in Thieland and just done a couple of orphanage by painting and cleaning them up..And been to the top and bottom of Thailand with out a hitch..And now she has move over to OZ...Let her go chance in a life time for her....Chris




Don%26#39;t bother, it is safe.


  • loose eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment